AK (Article 15(c)) Afghanistan CG  determined that “there may be a useful role in country guidance cases for reports by COI analysts/consultants” such as ARC (headnote A (iv) and para. 178) and that ARC consultants have the “relevant skills and experience to undertake this work” (para. 178).
ARC’s case-specific country reports examine the human rights, legal, social, political and humanitarian situation in asylum seekers’ countries of origin.
Each country report:
- contains case-specific synthesis of the source material
- identifies relevant excerpts of country information for each issue
- is fully indexed and paginates original sources with web links
ARC’s Country of Origin Information Reports can be adapted to any national jurisdiction as required.
ARC conducts research in accordance with the standards and principles set out in:
- Common EU Guidelines for Processing Country of Origin Information,
- Austrian Red Cross/ACCORD Researching COI Training Manual-2013 Edition,
- International Association for Refugee Law Judges Judicial Criteria for Assessing Country of Origin Information.
View a sample bundle here.
Legal representatives should fill in the ARC Research Request Form and send, where relevant, with the Witness Statement, Reasons for Refusal letter, Determination and any other supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note ARC operates to a 5 working days turnaround.
Our fee is £33 per hour. Fees for reports are usually between £250 – £750 depending on the issues for research (not subject to VAT)
Country Guidance commissions
ARC was commissioned to provide COI research for the following Country Guidance (CG) cases: